Wednesday, December 11, 2013

German Honey Cakes


German Honey Cakes
 
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. molasses
3/4 c. br sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 3/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp b. soda
1 tsp cinn
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp all spice
1 tsp nutmeg
1/3 c. raisins
1/2 c. chopped nuts
 
You mix from top to flour all together then put in flour, spices, soda and mix well. Then add the raisins and nuts. It is a brown sticky mess. I like to refrigerate overnight even more now then I used to, it breaks up my tasks with fibro.
 
Then roll out, cut in squares. Bake at 400 degrees. You can press on the top to tell when done. It does not take long, you do not want to overbake.
 
But I do not start baking until I boil together 1 c. sugar and 1/2 c. water to 230 degrees. When it reaches that I put in my cookies and mix 1/4 powder sugar into your sugar mixture and mix it with a fork or so. Then when the cookies come out of the oven I have them go to wax paper that is under the cooling rack. Place the cookies on rack and when hot, you ice them with the sugar mixture. Yep it keeps you hopping at that point to keep doing them before the syrup hardens. If it does harden, add a fourth to a half cup water and boil till all dissolves and brush on the hot cookies as before.

2 comments:

  1. just seeing these they are different and bet yummy thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good when they are cool you store in air tight container they get better and better as time goes on yum

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...