Monday, August 22, 2022

Monday Message

Use orange rind to make orange rolls, recipe HERE.

"Start now to create a plan if you don’t already have one, or update your present plan. Watch for best buys that will fit into your year’s supply. We are not in a situation that requires panic buying, but we do need to be careful in purchasing and rotating the storage that we’re putting away. The instability in the world today makes it imperative that we take heed of the counsel and prepare for the future." (L. Tom Perry)

We should keep working at our skills and our storage.

I feel like a broken record, I am still organizing...


I still am drying tomatoes.

I decided to dry tomatoes this year, just not enough to can at any one time. It has been a hard year for the garden, no rain and the grass is turning brown and crunchy.

So what we are not eating fresh I am dehydrating

We had some oranges that were needing tending so I grated their rinds and decided to put in dehydrator  as it was going.

Then when we get a snow storm I will be making orange rolls.

I cannot stress enough that being frugal is a skill. If we are moving so fast that we cannot take the time to do the frugal things then we need to find a way to slow down.

https://thesurvivalmom.com/diy-homemade-seasoning-mix/ - here's a site I saw this week that I thought would be good to share, I think it is important to have spices stored to make your own seasonings.

https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/homemade-cake-mix/ - you have to scroll to the bottom for the recipe. If you can, get these Make-A-Mix books. I feel they truly are a treasure, I use mine a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiuO_5y-0Sw - this guy makes great breads, they are easy to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnTwT-ifLkU&t=93s - learn your sewing machine. (I love this gal).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnTwT-ifLkU&t=364s - she shows how to thread your machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnTwT-ifLkU&t=792s - she takes you through making cloth napkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM_B5_I_Rkk&t=5267s - gathered skirt for all sizes.

https://www.google.com/search?q=crochet+scrubby+tutorial&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS960US960&oq=crochet+scrubby+t&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0i512j0i22i30l4j0i15i22i30j0i22i30l3.21446j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_os33Yq-EN8rB0PEP8eCU2AM22 - this is a scrubbie tutorial you can make right along with her.

I picked things that would help you build some skills, there are so many helps out there and ways to build on what you already know how to do.

This is one of the skills I am working at building. This is a picture of the sock machine's ribber arm and one of the dials. The dial has a rusty screw that I am working to get out. I then will clean this up and at some point when I get the test socks done by hand, then by machine, I plan to work at learning the ribber part of the sock machine.


Gus and Missy are showing you how to study...

1.  Get a vibrating cat toy

2.  Study its every move intently

3.  Continue to study till you get it right

4.  Then take a nap because studying is hard work

They want you to continue to work and be safe.

6 comments:

  1. Debby in Kansas USAAugust 22, 2022 at 6:42 PM

    I love the kitty lessons!!! It sounds like they're doing a great job!

    I've been down with COVID for a couple of weeks. I'm on the recovery side, but still pretty tired. Going at life again on slow speed.

    I haven't done any prepping or creating. This is usually the time of year I'm in squirrel mode. Gathering and planning for winter. I always do my sick pantry in August so I'm prepared for cold season. As soon as I get some energy, I'll be making a few pots of chicken soup to freeze. We had a couple cans of canned soup and it's sooo salty! I really missed all the veggies, as well.

    Wear your mask, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so sorry were you boosted I worry ours is wearing off. So many eat those chicken soups when they have a cold makes you wonder what is helping the chicken broth or the salt???? Keep resting we will keep wearing the masks probably forever at this point.

      Delete
    2. Debby in Kansas USAAugust 23, 2022 at 2:09 PM

      Becky, my husband and I had 2 shots and one booster. We will be getting another booster by October!

      Delete
  2. I was afraid you would say that we are super careful but I feel like even that isn't good enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was always bragging about his ex-wife's chicken soup recipe that she made when they had colds. I finally was able to ask her during a visit, Just how do you make that awesome chicken soup. She looked me in the eye and said "You start with a can of condensed chicken noodle soup..." lol She was just as amused as I that John was so obsessed with that soup. What she did was add a little extra water, onions and garlic.

    Becky thank you so much for doing your post each week. I find them very encouraging and not fear making as some are. And then your links are good ones as well. Not everyone is suited to my current need to learn but I'm always pleased when I do find things I can use and heartened when you share a vlogger or blogger I already follow. It helps me feel I'm on the right track.

    Please tell Missy, I appreciate her advice on how to take a nap. I fail on that score and have since early childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fail at naps too....and you are welcome...your story of the soup reminds me of green acres he wanted his wife to learn how to make jelly like Mrs. Ziffle so he came home to find her scooping jelly from a store bought jar into a canning jar and he said I thought you were going to learn how to do it she said I did too funny that is how the lady made it.. yes there is a lot fear making out there I do tire of it.....what ever happens we will all make it thru ...it will be ok....

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...