Monday, August 29, 2022

Monday Message

"Let us be in a position so we are able to not only feed ourselves through the home production and storage, but others as well." (President Ezra Taft Benson)

We need to, even more than ever, show kindness with times being so hard for so many. Being kind is always a good thing but an extra measure is needed now.

With canning season in full swing I figure we are all so busy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwWOdBPcjuI - this is how I made grape juice in the past, our grapes died so this spring I planted more, I am looking forward to them giving us grapes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBEMn5i-qTY - she really worked hard.

I will add here that you can dehydrate tomato skins and make tomato powder. It is so good, just pop a spoonful in the next soup you make.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2019/09/monday-message.html - here is where I talked about it.

http://frugalmeasures.blogspot.com/2020/10/monday-message_19.html - in this post I show a picture of the tomato powder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezbhj6Be08M - here she is pressure canning potatoes. When they are done she turns off the heat and lets the pressure go back to zero before opening.

Since it is fall you need my favorite pumpkin muffin recipe...

Pumpkin Streusel Muffins

I mix and set aside the topping

1/3 c. flour

3 tbsp brown sugar

2 tbsp cold butter

In a bowl mix...

1/4 c. soft butter

1/2 c. sugar

1/4 c. brown sugar

2/3 c pumpkin

1/2 c. milk (I add tsp of vinegar to it)

2 eggs

1 tbsp molasses

Mix well.

Then I don’t stir again till all dry ingredients are measured in.

2 c flour

1 tsp dried orange peel

2 tsp b. powder

1 tsp b soda

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/4 tsp salt

Then stir well and divide between twelve regular muffin cups, I use liners but whatever.

By spoon, divide topping over all evenly. Bake in a preheated oven 375 degrees for 20-25 min.

I have continued to clean and organize, I seem to get the bug to do that in the fall instead of spring.

This week I worked on the kitchen...






Then I also was able to get a rusty screw off from the ribber part my husband helped by heating the screw

So now I can learn the ribber when I stop fall cleaning.

Missy says keep on working on your skills and storage, make sure to put yummies in that storage.

Gus says to build those skills. He says he is building his skills, if a vibrating cat toy approaches, he will be all over it.

2 comments:

  1. Debby in Kansas USAAugust 30, 2022 at 2:07 PM

    Still getting back in the groove of life! Feels good to get something done. Making more masks will be on my short list. I only have a couple good ones left, but I seriously thought we'd be done with COVID by this summer. Ho hum.

    I need to reorganize my spice cupboard. Every other thing in the kitchen stays orderly, but that one. Pure chaos! One of these days....
    Bravo to you for getting at it!

    Doing a complete food inventory is on the weekend agenda. I haven't done that in months and the freezer is jam packed. My husband says we need to eat frozen corn, that we have about 20 bags lol. But no broccoli! Makes sense. Broccoli is a fave.

    Love those sweet kitty faces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good to have freezer full heading into winter I don't know why I feel like deep cleaning in the fall

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...